European training session – Music in health settings
mars 4, 2010 Laisser un commentaire
EUROPEAN TRAINING SESSION – MUSIC IN HEALTH SETTINGS
Musique & Santé (Paris) in partnership with the Royal Northern College of Music (Manchester)
Session dates: 26 – 30 April 2010, Location: Paris (France) , Registration fees: €900
Target group: musicians, Working language: English
Regular workshops, concerts, artistic residencies, music at the patient’s bedside, ambulatory concerts, reflection on sound ecology… The approaches, methods and presence of music in health settings prove that each location, each member of care staff and each ward are unique.
If the musician’s work is part of an open and flexible dialogue between health and cultural sectors, it is necessary that musical interventions be adapted to each situation.
This particular context requires the musician to think about his/her place and his/her interventions in an original way because playing music in health settings involves theoretical and practical competences that have to be reinvented every moment.
This session will be carried out in English by training officers from Musique & Santé.
• Understand and imagine the place of music and of the musician in health settings
• Explore the theoretical and practical competences necessary to carry out quality musical actions
• Methods and approaches of musical actions in health settings (children, teenagers, and elderly people);
• Musical techniques (vocal and instrumental repertoires, appropriate instruments, improvisation…);
• Spatial awareness and interaction with patients and families;
• Partnership with health institutions and care staff;
• Ethical issues;
• Musical interventions will be carried out in Parisian hospitals in paediatrics and geriatrics.
Musique & Santé, Paris – France